July is way more than the month we have fun our nation’s independence — it’s additionally the month when small retailers across the nation have fun their independence by means of Impartial Retailer Month.
This shop-local marketing campaign obtained its begin in 2011. That’s when Tom Shay of Income Plus and Kerry Bannigan of Nolcha Exhibits, who had individually launched promotions to advance the success of unbiased retailers, got here collectively to create a worldwide marketing campaign they dubbed Impartial Retailer Month.
The purpose of Impartial Retailer Month is to focus on the essential function small, native retailers play locally and the nationwide economic system. The month-long celebration encourages customers to buy native and have fun indie retailers, with the purpose of making extra sustainable cities, cities and communities.
Based on the group’s web site, if each household within the U.S. spent an additional $10 a month at a domestically owned, unbiased enterprise as a substitute of a nationwide chain, greater than $9.3 billion could be immediately returned to native economies.
How can your Neighborhood Get Concerned with Impartial Retailer Month?
There’s nonetheless time to advertise Impartial Retailer Month in your neighborhood. Begin by speaking to different retailers in your space to see if they’ve plans for the occasion. Then, discuss to neighborhood leaders and enterprise organizations to coordinate your efforts.
Listed here are some ways in which your local people leaders, equivalent to native politicians or the Chamber of Commerce, may also help:
- Make bulletins about Impartial Retailer Month
- Promote Impartial Retailer Month to native media shops. The group has some statistics about the advantages of unbiased retail companies that can be utilized to generate curiosity.
- Honor one native retailer because the Impartial Retailer of the Yr
- Create a promotional web page on their web sites itemizing native unbiased retailers
- Put up banners or avenue flags in native retail districts celebrating Impartial Retailer Month
How can your Enterprise Profit from Impartial Retailer Month?
Even when your neighborhood doesn’t have the time or assets to wholeheartedly promote Impartial Retailer Month, your retail retailer can nonetheless profit from it. Listed here are a couple of concepts:
- Go to the Impartial Retailer Month web site to obtain assets you should utilize to market your online business and promote Impartial Retailer month. They’ve downloadable postcards, posters, and graphics you should utilize in social media, in your web site and in print.
- Make the most of Independence Day as a kickoff on your Impartial Retailer Month actions. Get entangled in Fourth of July occasions by sponsoring or giving out free merchandise or coupons.
- Promote Impartial Retailer Month in your social media accounts and your web site. Make sure to use the hashtag #indieretail to assist unfold the phrase.
- Accomplice with different native unbiased retailers to host occasions, gross sales, or contests for the month of July. Provide reductions at one another’s shops to prospects who present a receipt from a collaborating retailer.
The unbiased Retailer Month web site presents a number of different methods to market your online business all through the month of July.
Learn how to Get the Most from Impartial Retailer Month
Throughout July, current your retail retailer at its highest. Your workers ought to be useful and pleasant; your merchandise ought to be properly stocked and attractively displayed. Every time doable, attempt to be within the retailer your self so you may current the face of a neighborhood small enterprise proprietor. Buyers like to assist unbiased, neighborhood companies the place they know the homeowners.
Whether or not buyers really make a purchase order or just browse, all the time encourage them to enroll obtain emails out of your retailer. You should utilize some sort of incentive, equivalent to a reduction code good for the month of August, to entice them.
When you’ve obtained that essential buyer info, keep in contact! Attain out to prospects with electronic mail presents and newsletters to maintain them and get them again within the retailer.
Photograph by way of Shutterstock
Amazon Begins Small Enterprise Academy at Rural Neighborhood Faculties